Batemans Bay Local Services
Batemans Bay ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Batemans Bay site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Batemans Bay Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Batemans Bay When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Batemans Bay Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Batemans Bay Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Batemans Bay ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Batemans Bay and a Place to Meet
The batemansbay.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Batemans Bay
Interesting Facts about Batemans Bay, New South Wales
- Batemans Bay is a popular holiday destination located on the South Coast of New South Wales, about four hours’ drive from Sydney.
- It is the largest town in the Eurobodalla Shire, which is known for its beautiful beaches, national parks, and wildlife.
- The town is named after Captain Cook’s explorer, Nathaniel Bateman, who charted the area in 1770.
- The Eurobodalla National Park, located in Batemans Bay, is home to over 200 species of birds, making it a birdwatcher’s paradise.
- During the summer months, the population of Batemans Bay can swell to over 50,000 people, as tourists flock to the town to enjoy its beaches, fishing, and watersports.
- One of the town’s most popular landmarks is the Batemans Bay Bridge, which spans the Clyde River. The bridge is over 780 meters long and was opened in 1956.
- Batemans Bay is also known for its seafood, particularly its oysters and prawns. The local oyster farms harvest around one million oysters per year.
- The town has a rich history in timber milling, dating back to the early 1800s. The Batemans Bay Heritage Museum offers visitors an insight into the town’s past, including Aboriginal history, maritime history, and early settler life.
- The Batemans Bay Soldiers Club is one of the town’s most popular venues, offering entertainment, dining, and gaming facilities.
- The annual Batemans Bay Marine Park Snorkelling and Diving Expo attracts hundreds of visitors to discover the pristine marine environment and underwater attractions of the region.
- Batemans Bay has a mild climate, with average temperatures ranging from 14°C in winter to 27°C in summer.
- The town is a popular stopover for those travelling between Sydney and Melbourne on the Princes Highway.
- Batemans Bay is home to a variety of accommodation options, including hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, and holiday parks.
- The town is known for its friendly locals and relaxed atmosphere, making it the perfect place to unwind and escape the hustle and bustle of the city.